Some sick... there aren't even words to describe this person... poured sulfuric acid on the slide of a children's playground.
And when two year old Payton slid down the slide... through the acid... he of course began to cry uncontrollably. He suffered second- and third-degree burns to his body.
Shockingly, the police spokesman sounds like he's making excuses for the cretins who did this:
"We don't know that the suspects even knew what they were dealing with, whether they knew it was this caustic. They may have been burned themselves," said Cpl. Mike Hill.
Apparently, the stars of society wanted to kick in the door of the school's storage area. To their amazement, there was a gold mine of industrial strength chemicals there. Having been raised to respect property not their own, they decided to pour some of the liquid onto the slide to see if the plastic would burn. When there was no reaction, they left it there. And later, Payton slid through it.